June 23, 2009

How I will remember Michael Jackson- playlist from Daddy Day radio show (archived from my website)

I have to admit that there was a time when I stopped djing Michael’s songs due to the reasons behind his court cases. Let’s be honest, he did become an extremely eccentric man who gave the public a lot to talk about. Regardless of Michael Jackson’s oddities the fact remans that his music is some of the best music ever. It has been for generations and it will continue to be in the future. He will be remembered as one of the greatest entertainers next to Elvis Presly.
I spent most of my life dancing to Michael Jackson. The albums Off the Wall and Thriller, and of course the Jackson 5, along with the introduction of MTV, shaped the girl I grew up to be. I was so obsessed with him as a little girl that I dragged my mom to MJ concerts, my friends and I would fight over who would be his girlfriend (the looser got Paul McCartney), and I even made my mom make me ‘The Glove.’ I remember when the Thriller video came out, all the folks that lived on my street got together to watch it.
Then as a teen, when I got into my rare grooves, I found a whole new love for the Jackson 5. And of course, when I became a DJ I learned that putting on a MJ track got everyone on the dance floor.
To this day, no matter what the controversy, MJ’s music makes people happy. When you hear it you can’t help but dance. This is how I choose to remember MJ.
R.I.P

On This weeks radio we will be doing a tribute to Michael without playing anything that he sang on. If you missed it, the show will be podcast.

Thursday 12-2pm pst
www.littleradio.com


The Jam of the week playlist 6/25/09:
sex Pistals-C'mon Everybody
Tamps Red Hokum Jazz Band w/ Hald Pint Jaxon-My Daddy Rocks Me With One Steady Roll
Violent Femmes-Gone Daddy Gone
Fannypack-Sugar Daddy
Datarock-I Used to Dance with My Daddy
Bollock Brothers-Harley David
The Cure-Boys Don't Cry
James Brown-Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
Club Feet-Teenage Suicide, Don't Do It
Art Brut-Moving to L.A.
Trio-Da Da Da
K-Os0Sunday morning
The Dead Weather-Hang You From The Heaves
Daddy What's a Train
The Specials- Rude Boys Outa Jail
Joanna Neel-Daddy Was A Preacher Mama Was a GO Go Dancer
New Order-Love Vifilantes
Perry Como-Papa Loves Mambo
Jane's Addiction-I had a dad
Carey's Problem - Kiss Daddy Goodnight
Otis Redding-That's How Strong My Love Is
BellX1-Like I love You
Stereophonics-Step On My Old Sized Nines
T.Rex- Hot Love
Devedndra Banhart-Lover
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros-Home
Dam Funk
Of Montreal-Mis Blonde, Your Papa Is Failing
Bright Eyes-Papa Was A Rodeo
The J.B.'s
Papa Don't Take No Mess
John Lennon-Hold On
Soft Cell-Where Did Our Love Go
Buckethead-Whatching Boats with My Dad
Out Hud-Dad, There's a Little Phrase Called Too Much Information
The Descendents- My Dad Sucks
Was Not Was-Hello Dad I'm in Jail
I Am Kloot-Over My Shoulder
Giorgio Moroder-Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sucka Free