June 2, 2009

Tirk’s RIP EP. my trip to Turntable Lab & Radio Show (Archived from my website)


In the past 24 hours I’ve been blessed with vinyl! Last night I went to Carbon and witnessed DJs, including Peanut Butter Wolf, throwing down some amazing 80’s funk. Dam Funk, who hosts the night, was selling a little ’45 of some music he worked on. Of course I bought it. I love that. It’s so old school to sell EPs that way. It’s a funky little Dam funk production called ‘Wavelength’. I am going to play this week on my radio show.

Then today I went to Turntable Lab for some gear and couldn’t help but buy records as well. Along with some jamz that I found, the guys working there suggested the following:
-A little white label that turns out to be Alexander Robotnik’s ‘Problem D' Amour’.
-Based on Kyoto ‘Flower.’ is a track coming off of a Japaness lable. I like the James Pants tack.
-Off the Tirk label, Unabombers Presents Electric Chair RIP EP which is amazing. Some sick remixes of some old goodies. The Tirk label is this obscure dance/electro label from England that has been making it’s mark with sold releases of rock’n EPs.
-I was pretty excited about buying the Guns N’ Roses ‘Appetite for Destruction’ limited release with the original banned cover. I also picked up ESG, Fiest, Egyptian Lover and Radiohead’s ‘In Rainbows’ (which completes my vinyl colection for Radiohead.

Love always
DJ Lady Sinclair


Radio Show playlist for 5-28-09
Podcasted on www.littleradio.com
Richard Hell & The Void-Love Comes In Spurts
Public Image Ltd-Love Song
Yoko Ono - Kiss Kiss Kiss
Eagles of Death Metal - Wanna Be in L.A.
The Rapture - Pieces of The People We Love
Golden Silvers - Magic Touch
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffitti - Scared Famous
Bachelorette - Mindwarp
Trouble Andrew - Chase Money
B-Movie - Nowhere Girl
Animal Collective - Fireworks
Animals Talking - It Was
Passion Pit - Cuddle Fuddle
Passion Pit - I've Got Your Number
The Gossip - Heavy Cross
The Horrors - Who Can Say
The Raconteurs - Level
Gary Numan & Tubeway Army - Are Friends Electric?
The Dead Weather - Are Friends Electric?
Bachelortette - Her Rotating Head
Grizzly Bear - Knife
Rober Francis - Little Girl
Tinariwen - Aldechen manin
The Black Byrds - Do It Fluid
Flock of Seagulls - Modern Love is Automatic
Mark Ronson f. Santo Gold - Pretty Green
Elvis Costello - Pump It Up
Cheech & Chong - Earache My Eye
Whitey - Non Stop
1990's - The Box
Miami Horror - Don't Be On With Her
The Glimmers - Let's Get Physical
Zeppenlin - Take Me Out
Serge Gainsbourg - Brigade Des Stups
Jeremy Jay - Lunar Camel
Tom Petty - Don't Do Me Like That

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sucka Free