July 24, 2009

Jay z-D.O.A (Death of Autotune) and my 1990’s hip hop jams (Archive from my website)


I am a b-girl at heart. Hip Hop is why I bacame a DJ. With the current state of affairs I have strayed from my usual formate and found solos in disco, electro, soul and indierock. I often beat myself up about walking a different path and wonder what happened. At one point I was adamint about only playing Hop Hop music. When did this change? The reality is change is the only perminet thing we’ve got, but everyonce and a while things come back around.
Jay Z’s D.O.A. stirs up something reminestint to that 90’s hip hop sound I once loved so much. When I hear this track, classic hip hop jams pop into my mind. That’s when I knew I loved this song. Plus the lyrics are sick. Thank you Jay Z for finally saying it. D.O.A!

Here’s a list of some those 1990’s Hip Hop jams:
EPMD-Cross Over
Jay Z-Brooklyn’s finest
Redman-Time 4 Sum Aksion
Jungle Brothers-Straight Out The Jungle
Tribe Called Quest - All of it!
De La Soul
Common-Soul By The Pound
Organized Konfusion - Stress
Ice Cube-Wicked
Notorious B.I.G.-Party And Bullshit
Lords of the UnderGround - Chief Rocka
Main Source-Live At the BBQ
Nas -It Aint Hard To Tell
DWYCK
Group Home-Supa Star
Brand Nubian-All For One
The Neatnuts-No Equal
Chi Ali-Roadrunner
Ultramagnetic MCs-Poppa Large
KRS One-Outta Here
Eric B. & Rakim-Don’t Sweat The Technique
Grand Puba-360
Masta Ace-Born to Roll
Jeru The Damaja-Mental Stamina
Wu Tang-M.E.T.H.O.D Man
Das EFX-They Want EFX
Keith Murry-The Most Beautifulest Thing in This World
Sorry...will have to get the west coast another day.

Love always
DJ Lady Sinclair



‘Jam of the Week’ Radio Show 7/16/09
Hercules and The Love Affair- Theme
Arcade Fire-Black Wave/Bad Vibration
LCD Soundsystem-YR City's A Sucker
Bond Redhead-Equally Damaged
The Radio Dept.-Cosing Scene
Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse-Star Eyes
Noisettes-Don't Give Up
The Window Babies-Harp of 1000 Strings
Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Date With The Night
Micachu-Golden Phone
The Clash-Clampdown
Mayer Hawthorne-Just Ain't Gonna Work Out
The Limp Twins-Another Day In The Life of Mr Jones
Blur-There's No Other Way
Grand National-Talk Amongst Yourselves
Fear of Theydon & The Mount Cherries
Missing Persons-I Like Boys
Connie Vannett-The Pussy Cat Song
Architecture In Helsinki-Hear It Races(As Played by Dr Dog)
Elefant-Sunlight Make Me Paranoid
Jamie Lidell-Green Light
Animals Talking-It Was
The Smiths-There is A Light That Never Goes Out
Shocking Pinks-Cutout
Lizzy Mercier Descloux-Fire
The Troggs-Always Something There To Remind Me
Slits-Ping Pong Affair
Primal Scream-Loaded

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sucka Free