May 18, 2010

The Rolling Stones-If I Was a Dancer


Last night I was driving home in the rain after Christmas shopping and this little ditty by the Rolling Stones called “If I was a Dancer” came on KCRW. It reminded me how cool the Rolling Stones are. This song is really funky. It’s my favorite track off of the album “Sucking in the Seventies” which was an album that was brought out in 1984 and containing some remastered and previously unreleased tracks.
‘If I was a Dancer’ is a grooving little dance track. Perfect for that drunk girl hanging out by the jukebox. This song displays the power the stones hold over modern rock. It would blend smoothly with The Rapture, The Virgins or Datarock. In fact, I have now already begun my playlist for Saturday’s Cocktail hour at the Standard roof downtown.

Happy Holidays!
Love always
DJ Lady Sinclair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sucka Free