June 11, 2010

My coachella 2009 top 10 and last weeks radio show.(Archived from my website


It has been five years since I made the commitment to journey into the Gyps-ter infested polo fields of the Coachella Music Festival.  Why make the journey this year?  Well,  I simply had to do it.  I couldn’t stand to miss another year of fun in the blistering sun. You see, I am a hardcore music festival goer in the since that there are bands I want to see from start to finish.   Even though I will make an effort to see the head liners, (The Cure, Morrissey, Franz Firdinand, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, M.I.A. and yes even sir Paul), there are many other artists I am very excited to see.  Here is my top ten:
. 1.Girl Talk 

. 2.Sebastien Tellier

. 3.Glass Candy

. 4.The Black Keys

. 5.Gang Gang Dance

. 6.Chemical Brothers

. 7.MSTRKRFT

. 8.The Presets

. 9.Noah & The Whale

. 10. Friendly Fires

I have prepared myself for the massed, the sun and the beer tent.  I’ve got my fanny pack, a golf cart, my hubby and new shades.
Bring it on!

Playlist: 4/2/09 Radio Show

The Genteels “Take it Off”
Stereo Total “I Am Naked”
The Normal “T.V.O.D.”
Pylon “Cool”
Shocking Pinks “Cutout
New Young Pony Club “The Get Go”
Junior Boys “Hazel”
Louis XIV “Guilty By Association”
Friendly Fires “Skeleton Boy”
Interpol “Obstacle 1”
B-Movie “Nowhere Girl”
White Williams “Route To Palm”
Noah & The Whale “5 Years Time
The Andrews Sisters “Rum & Coca Cola”
Jimmie Bowen “I’m Sticking With You”
The Bees “One Glass of Water”
Peter Bjorn & John “Objects of My Affection”
The Colour Field “Can’t Get Enough of You Baby”
L7 “Pretend We’re Dead”
White Lies “Love Lockdown”
Jackie Mottoo “Dancing Groove”
Tommy James & The Shondels “Crimson & Clover”
Bat For Lashes “Daniel”
Kate Bush ‘ Running Up That Hill(remix)”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sucka Free